K-5 classrooms are utilizing the Every Day Math 4th edition curriculum. EveryDay Math is a math program designed to meet the diverse needs of all students. Students will progressively learn and develop different skills related to numbers & operations, geometry, data analysis, and algebra and algebraic thinking. Teachers will be utilizing math workshop which includes . . .
- 5-10 minutes of Mental Math, Math Message
- 30 minutes of Whole Group Instruction
- 40 minutes of differentiated small group and stations
- 5 minute wrap up
The philosophy of Every Day Math is based on the following principles
- Link mathematics to everyday situations.
- Link past experiences to new concepts and provide for ongoing, spaced review.
- Make considerable use of partner and small-group activities.
- Include hands-on activities and explorations throughout the K–6 program.
fact power through daily oral practice, conceptual activities, and games.
- Encourage use and sharing of multiple strategies.
- Provide a wide variety of assessment opportunities.
- Encourage home-school partnerships.
EveryDay Math Online Student Link
EveryDay Math Parent Information Link